( 30th May 2011 )
Technology is becoming Big Brother's surveillance tool. Everything we now do in modern society is being recorded and watched, whether you like it or not. Let's look at the personal computer of the twenty first century, the mobile phone.
What can it do.
1. It pulses every 8 seconds even if it is turned off, and from this pulse your location can be triangulated. The only why to stop this is to take out the battery and sim card.
2. New phones will have a gyroscope built in so you can get those fancy games working well. This can be used to work out what you are physically doing at any point in time, walking running, driving, or cleaning the windows etc.
3. Even if the mobile is turned off, it can be used to take a picture, or record your conversations. Look up mobile phone hacking on youtube if you want proof.
4. The latest edition in its armoury of detective tools is to not only triangulate where you are at any given time, but also to record that information for later analysis. These personal location tracking and recording tools add a whole new dimension to the mobile phone tracking armoury. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/apr/25/steve-jobs-responds-iphone-tracking
5. Record all your keystrokes and SMS messages, plus send this info off somewhere unknown, http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57333652-17/android-handsets-secretly-logging-keystrokes-sms-messages/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&tag=nl.e703
This information was not volunteered to the public by Google, or Apple, but discovered by independent researchers. The big question is, why two so called independent rival corporations have quietly installed personal location tracking, and recording tools on their phones? It is only by a chance discovery that it was revealed.
You buy a mobile phone to have convenient mobile communication, not to be a Big Brother tool for recording and watching every thing you do. Not only can this technology be used by governments, and corporations, but anyone who wants to do some basic research can get the tools to hack it, and gather your private information and movements.
When you purchase a Mobile Phone it should come with a clear warning!
You may be tracked when using this device for government, or corporate use.
Your conversations may be recorded without your knowledge.
The device may take photographs without your knowledge.
Your physical activities may be monitored at any time without your knowledge.
All your Keystrokes and SMS messages are recorded, and sent off to somewhere unknown.
It can be hacked easily so the manufacture accepts no responsibility for the loss of private information.
Use at your own risk as the radiation from mobile phones may affect your health.
Mobile Phone health risk Industry sponsored research says it has no effect except for a slight warming on the body tissue. Independent researcher indicates long term frequent use can potentially cause serious health problems. Read my previous article here on this subject https://sccc.org.au/archives/1574
The mobile is now being touted as a wallet to be used instead of cash, or credit cards.
Governments and history change, with these technologies governments can impose total control over their citizens. There have already been numerous instances of a number of governments using this technology to track and collect citizen's information, and at times pass, on this intelligence to corporations which the citizens were protesting against.
You won't be able to sneeze, or go to the toilet without the government knowing about it. In the machine verses human, I think the machine is winning!
© Peter Daley 2011
Disclaimer: This is an amateur volunteer run service. Human error can provide incorrect information, and equipment malfunction can produce false readings. Do not rely on, or take action upon information presented on this web site or at SCCC activities, without further research. Views expressed in the pages, images, or tutorials on the SCCC Inc., web site or presented at venues, maybe the personal opinions of the relevant writers or presenters, and are not necessarily representative of those of SCCC Inc.