(1st July 2016)
A person brought his laptop and DSL modem to me to check out. Apparently he had spent a lot of time on the Internet service provider help line, and they were unable to fix the Internet connection problem over the phone. There was uncertainty whether it was the modem or the laptop that was the problem, as the service provider assured him that the ADSL line tested OK.
I sorted the issues with the laptop and then turned on the ADSL wireless modem. I now test all wireless devices with my trusty microwave meter, to see what signal strength they put out. This helps you establish if the device is working properly.
Normal microwave background in most American cities in the 1990s was around 30 micro watts per square meter (30uW/m2), in the country it was less than 10uW/m2. This modem was radiating 1,100,000 uW/m2. If you look at the club Microwave Safety Guide chart (bottom of page), this is at the top signal strength level region for home microwave devices. This device close up signal strength, was a million times above the natural microwave radiation background for all previous generations of humans!
In my opinion, this device presented a health risk, particularly if it was located close to him while he was using his computer. I called him and asked where he had this device located, in relation to his computer. I pointed out that it was a very powerful Wifi device, and he shouldn't have it close to him for long periods of time. It turned out he had it on his desk, about half a meter away from where he used his laptop, in his bedroom, plus it was always on.
Then the penny dropped, he realized that since the modem had been with me, his headaches had disappeared. He explained that for the last 6 months or more, he had every conceivable medical test you can imagine to ascertain what was causing him to have severe headaches! He immediately informed me he did not want this modem back. We established that he didn't even need a Wifi modem. I suggested I set up a standard ADSL 2+ modem and have it connect to his laptop via a physical cable. I explained this set up would provide a much faster and safer Internet connection, compared to the Wifi Modem.
He ended up with a great outcome, a headache cure, plus a faster and safer Internet connection!
New ADSL and NBN modems often have two Wifi bands that they can work on, 2G and 5G. These two microwave wireless systems are generally turned on by default. In my opinion multi-band wireless devices are potentially more hazardous than single band wireless devices. This is because they put out a much stronger Wifi signal. You can usually turn one, or both bands off, in the modem settings.
From research, the microwave signal is not the sole health issue. The microwave signal is just a carrier wave, for the digital information signal, that conveys information to and from your devices. This modulated digital signal on the microwave carrier wave, is also creating biological damage, that can result in serious health issues.
Those who are sensitive will notice the health effects first. It can cause lots of other health issues besides cancer. It is important to take a precautionary approach to these technologies, and limit you and your families' exposure. If you don't need it, turn it off, educate you family members to do the same. Purchase Wifi devices with a physical on / off wireless switch.
Download and read the Microwave Safety Guide below, on page two it provides lots of practical ways to easily and greatly reduce you and your families microwave radiation exposure!
Download your free two page WIFI safety chart, pictured above here > https://sccc.org.au/wifi/microwave-safety-chart.pdf
In this short road tour video with Sunshine Coast Daily reporter Kathy Sundstrom, I show the microwave meter in action. The TES 593 microwave meter is probably a much better microwave meter than the Tenmars TM-196 used in this video. They cost around the same. Note: Strong EMF fields from substations and power lines, as well as Radon excitation can potentially cause illness.
Disclaimer: This is an amateur volunteer run service. Human error can provide incorrect information, and equipment malfunction can produce false readings. Do not rely on, or take action upon information presented on this web site, without further research. Views expressed in the pages or images on the SCCC Inc., site are the personal opinions of the relevant writers, and are not necessarily representative of those of SCCC Inc.