How We Can Help you with The Internet
- learn to surf the internet for knowledge and enjoyment safely
- learn safe internet banking
- check availability and compare prices for any major purchases you intend to make from the comfort of home instead of trecking around the shops.
- make your own travel bookings on line – see your accommodation before making a booking
- make your own entertainment bookings for theaters, movies fun parks etc
- study on line from universities, on line teaching sites etc
- read newspapers – local and world wide
- make purchases without leaving home whether buying from sites such as Ebay or groceries from the local supermarket
- research family history
- watch television programmes on your computer
- set up your own web page or blog to make it public or family and friends only
- access information and gain new skills
- much more is available, just ask
How We Can Help you with Email
- learn e mailing to keep in touch with relatives and friends far and near
- send photographs with your e mail messages
- reply to business matters
- receive and read newsletters from Clubs and organisations you belong to
- send email in place of writing and posting a letter
How We Can Help you with Digital Camera Photographs, Old Photographs and Slides
- get help with transferring photographs from your digital camera to your computer
- learn how to make slide shows to show to visitors, or as a presentation to a meeting
- print photographs from your digital camera or old slides and photographs
- improve photographs with cropping and adjusting colours etc
- prepare photographs for emailing copying photographs to CDs or DVDs to share with others or preserve family history
- help with scanning old records, slides and photographs to preserve them
- copy old slides and negatives to your computer through slide scanners
How We Can Help you with Word Processing
OpenOffice & Microsoft Office
(Word processing is using a computer instead of the old pen and paper and later on the typewriter)
- learn how to write personal and business letters
- make lists, notices and signs
- create a newsletter for your Club
- make personalised greeting cards
- apply creative writing of stories, poetry etc
- write family histories for printing as a book
- keep financial and other records
- print out whatever is required from any of above
How We Can Support you with Keeping up with Computer Knowledge
- keep up to date with advancement in computers, scanners, printers, video and digital cameras and other equipment used in association with computers.
- keep up with the latest in operating systems (Microsoft, Linux and Apple Mac) and software in use with them
- keep up with the latest in software with emphasis on free ware including security and internet programmes
- safe Internet banking and web surfing is given particular attention.
Where you Get The Computer Help and How It Works
- Hands on computer help on a Club computer or your computer.
- Microsoft, Linux and Apple Mac operating systems covered.
- Club Volunteers available to help individual members
- Connection to Internet
- Connection to Club Intranet for open source software and tutorial notes and recordings from tutorials and back issues of Bits'N'Bytes
- Download free ware programmes and tutorials notes to a flash drive or your own computer.
- Educational and informative tutorials on latest technology, software etc using projector and large screen
- References given to web sites for further information.
What You Get as a Club Member
- Hands on help with for all modern devices.
- Weekly mini tutorials and presentations on the Big Screen on varied computer subjects.
- Members receive a Weekly Bits'N'Bytes email magazine with articles, security warnings, club news, and event information for the week.
- Email forum for members questions and answers
What Other Help is Available as a Club Member
- Caloundra and Buderim Centres have a library with up to date magazines which members can read at meetings or take home on loan for limited periods.
- Equipment (film and slide scanners, paper cutters, a turntable to convert vinyl records to CDs, external DVD burners, Easy Cap Video Adapter tool, video camera, USB docking station, Bamboo writing tablets, LP record cleaning equipment etc.) for use at meetings and some items that may be taken home on loan for use.
- Tea and coffee at all meetings which allows members to have chat time.
- The Club is a voluntary organization with the aim to help fellow members including on a one to one basis.
What it Costs to become a Member
Membership fees are Individual $50, Junior $35, Family $60, and Corporate $75 and you get the electronic email version of the club magazine.
There is a $4 charge each meeting attended. This is to cover the cost of the hall hire, plus tea and coffee.
How You Can Join The Club
You Can Click Here Now to open a Printer Friendly Application Form that you can print now (click the orange Print icon when open) and send to
Post Office Box 384, Caloundra 4551
Please Note payment is required with your Application Form or you can hand the Membership Application form with payment in at a meeting.
You can call the Club Information Line (07 5492 1005 ) and request a brochure which includes a Membership Application Form to be posted to you.
You can attend a meeting as a visitor you can obtain an Application for Membership for when you are ready to join. Post to the Club with payment (SCCC, Post Office Box 384, Caloundra 4551) or hand the Membership Application form with payment in at a meeting.
Disclaimer: This is an amateur volunteer run service. Human error can provide incorrect information, and equipment malfunction can produce false readings. Do not rely on, or take action upon information presented on this web site or at SCCC activities, without further research. Views expressed in the pages, images, or tutorials on the SCCC Inc., web site or presented at venues, maybe the personal opinions of the relevant writers or presenters, and are not necessarily representative of those of SCCC Inc.